Fibreglass thermocouple wires, high temp
Metal overbraids are available on a variety of wires, but most commonly on fibreglass insulated wires. It is used for strength and abrasion resistance where the cable is flexing and rubbing. The braid is woven onto the finished cable.
- Conductors: Solid or stranded thermocouple wire per ASTM E230 & ANSI MC96.1
- Insulation: Braided fiberglass with high temperature impregnation*
- Construction: Parallel conductors
- Jacket: Braided fiberglass with high temperature impregnation*
- Operating Temperature: +704°C continuous; +871°C single exposure
- Limits of Error: Conforms to ASTM E230, IEC 584 and ANSI MC 96.1
- Colour Code: Conforms to ASTM E230 and ANSI MC 96.1 (International Colour Codes Available) *Impregnation maintained to +200°C
- Wire construction is solid or stranded conductors, Braided glass fibre insulated parallel with braided glass fibre outer sheath & metal over braid.
- Abrasion resistant. and added strength for Type J, K, N.
- Not moisture resistant – absorbs oils
Suffix S for Stainless Steel, CU for Tinned Copper, M for Monel