For difficult access, nothing beats the Lutron LU-DT1236L laser tachometer. This unit also measures linear speeds & contact RPM measurement. The non contact measurement can be made with reflective tape on the shaft, or white paint for close range. Contact measurements use a rubber cone [shaft center drilling] or rubber rimmed wheels for linear speed.
These components are replaceable separately.
- Range covering 0.5 to 100,000 RPM
- Surface speed 0.05 to 2000 m/sec
- Memory – Last/Max/Min
- 5 digit LCD- reverses when using for contact measurement
- Accuracy 0.05%
- Kit including carry case
- LU-AS35A: Rubber contact Cone and shaft assembly
- LU-AS35C: Rubber contact Speed wheel and shaft assembly
For fixed installations use Lutron panel mount 48 x 96 digital indicator LU-PDT-2250 for inductive or optical pickups.
Downloads: Data sheet